Monday, April 13, 2009

Only 36 days left. . .where does the time go?

So after my adventure to Numinbah Valley where I experienced farm life, I went to the top of Mount Tamborine and experienced mountain life. Karina and Izzy’s grandparents live up there so we left early in the morning on Thursday and stopped at several scenic look outs on the drive up and even stopped and hiked to another waterfall (Curtis Falls). . .it was gorgeous! From the top of the mountain you can see the skyline of the gold coast with a back drop of the ocean. I wish I could describe the views! There is a great little town there that is known for their homemade fudge, so of course we got some and sampled even more! What a great day we had, eating homemade scones and bread made by Karina’s grandmother and playing cards and even learning cricket in the backyard.

On Friday I played in a hockey game that Bruce asked me last minute to play in. There is a boy’s team touring from New Zealand and they asked if they could play a game so Bruce gathered who he could. I played with mostly 16 year old boys and a few 17 year olds. . .i ended up being the only girl who showed and the oldest one out there. Haha, boy did I stick out. The New Zealand team was VERY good. . .they sorta kicked our butt, we lost 5-1. . .but I have never been so tired after a game so I got a good workout and it was fun to watch them (though I guess I shouldn’t really be watching while I’m playing huh?) and to play against them. So although the outcome wasn’t so good, it was still nice to meet them and now I can say I played against a New Zealand boy’s team. Oh, and they also did the Haka dance before the game, which is a traditional New Zealand dance that the men’s hockey teams do before the start of each game. I wanted to take a video of them doing it but I didn’t think that would be appropriate.

On Easter Bruce, Karina and I went to a place called Sanctuary Cove where there are some nice shops and cafes and it’s a marina. There were some enormous yachts, so we took a walk around the docks and checked out all the boats and picked out the one’s we would want if we could afford one. After exploring around there for a bit we went and got fish and chips at a little shop and got some grilled swordfish that was reeeeally yummy. To be honest I really missed being home for Easter but I guess being in Australia makes up for missing a little family time over the holiday.

Today we drove down to New South Whales on the coast where Izzy and her family are camping for the week. It ended up raining so we didn’t do much but walk along the beach, cook some food and play some games. It was nice to get a change of scenery for a bit and now I can say I drove over the border of Queensland into New South Whales! Woooo.

So this week I am heading to Sydney. . .we are leaving Thursday and returning Sunday.




Part of the Curtis Falls waterfall on Mount Tamborine and Izzy at the top of Mount Tamborine.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pammy -

    Great stuff! I'm glad you are having such a great trip... that's an experience you are never going to forget (or likely get again), so soak it all in. The blog is a great way of keeping tabs on you - your writing is wonderful, and the photos fill-in for those of us who need pictures to fully understand :) Take care and say hi to the lizard who lives in your room with you,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete